Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

London: Celeb sightings, Fashion Week, and the Aquarium!

One of the most exciting things about living in London is that everyone seems to always be rubbing elbows with the rich and famous. Thanks to my keen eye for celeb faces (aka spending too much time on the Daily Mail Online) has led me to spot a handful of them!

Here's my list:

1. Russell Howard
 Our first touch of fame in London! Jackie, our friends, and myself were walking around Primrose Hill, an area of London known for it's A-list inhabitants. Comedian Russell Howard walked right past us on the high street and so started the rest of our celebrity sightings!

2. HAIM
I've already posted about this encounter in a previous entry, but it's still one of my favorite moments from London. So unexpected and the girls were so nice!

3. Orlando Weeks from The Maccabees
Almost didn't believe it when Jackie and I saw the frontman of one of my favorite bands walking down our road. That's London for you!

4. Rob Brydon
Saw this actor/comedian walking around a very expensive street with big bags from high-end department store Shelfridges just before Christmas time. His kids were definitely on Santa's nice list this year. 

5. Eddie Redmayne
The only celeb I've succeeded in getting a picture with! I was with my Performing Arts class seeing 'The Scotsboro Boys' at the Young Vic theater and he was in the bar area as we were leaving. He was very sweet and lovely and such a babe, you guys. 

6. Nick Grimshaw
After a good night out in Camden that ended with me losing my wallet (something about rolling down Primrose Hill, let's not get into it), I rushed back in the morning to search around for it. Unfortunately, I didn't find it (but later got a message from a person who found it, and returned it with all its contents! I have absolute faith in the Brits when it comes to returning lost items, first my laptop, and now my wallet!), but as I was walking along Primrose Hill high street my favorite BBC Radio 1 DJ walked right past me! He was on his phone with sunglasses on, I panicked and tried to say hello, but just ended up looking pathetic as I whispered 'love the show'. Thankfully he didn't notice me at all and went on his way, leaving me to wallow in embarrassment in private.

7. James Righton
Jackie and I were getting a little taste of the states at Five Guys one day (Five Guys is a BIG deal in London. I'm talking velvet ropes, a bouncer, and lines down the block) and James Righton from Klaxons (and Kiera Knightley's husband) sat next to us! Dude was giving off the most rocker vibes I've ever experienced. 

8. Hannah Murray
Over Christmas my dad and I were browsing Harrods and took a stop in the Pet Kingdom, where we saw Hannah Murray, Cassie from Skins. It is scary how much like her character she seems in real life! 

----
One huge event that we were excited to get to go to was London Fashion Week! Celebrities flocked to the city to go to shows, and we followed. One night we went to the Henry Holland show and saw Lily Allen, who was so beautiful in person Jackie didn't believe it was her at first, 
and loads more like model Coco Rocha, Daisy Lowe, Nicola Roberts, Annie Mac, Suzie Bubble, and Kelly Osbourne. 

Lily Allen in her getaway car
Our roommate Alex even got in some paparazzi pics! #celeb



The next day we went to the Tate Modern to see the Topshop Unique show. This was the only show where members of the public were actually able to view the runway. Lots of people turned out for it, and we managed to get a really good spot looking over the runway. I teach a fashion design class for middle and high schoolers in the summer that always ends with a fashion show, so it was great to be able to see a real one first hand! Even cooler, we caught a glimpse of the ice queen, Anna Wintour, as well as Kate Moss!

But first, here's Alex dressed to the nines, trying to pick up models. Miss ya, bud!

Anna Wintour, Kendall Jenner, and Kate Moss in the front row of Topshop Unique


Once the show ended, we rushed down to where everyone was leaving to catch another glimpse of the celebs. I am now one step closer to becoming a Kardashian after being within mere feet of Kendall Jenner. My yells of 'I'm Armenian!!' didn't phase her in the least, mostly because she's not even Armenian, her half sisters are. Whatever, I tried. 


And then, the biggest moment of the day: M.I.A walked by us!!! I said 'M.I.A can I have a picture!!!' she said 'Sorry, no.' Jackie got one anyways! We're like almost family now, I think.


---
Another little London adventure I had with some friends from Uni: a trip to the London aquarium! After a nice afternoon gazing at cute little fishies, Jackie and I went to see Real Esate play in Shepherd's Bush. 














No comments:

Post a Comment